Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Not to get too technical with scientific names or anything, but I think that fish is a Pequeño Centropomus Undecimalis...

Genus names are always capitalized, species names are never capitalized. So it would be Centropomus undecimalis.

Sometimes "scientific" names are the only way to really know what someone is talking about... OK a Snook is pretty obvious in North America, but show ten people a Green Sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus) and you'll get 15 different answers as to what "it" is called including a few "it must be a hybrid".

Often people act as if being precise about nomenclature is a bad thing. I don't get that.

Sometimes "scientific" names are the only way to really know what someone is talking about...

Wait a minute, wasn't cyan the greek word for blue...?

Not to get too technical with scientific names or anything, but I think that fish is a Pequeño Centropomus Undecimalis...

Genus names are always capitalized, species names are never capitalized. So it would be Centropomus undecimalis.

Oy. Fixed.

Since the beach was murky yesterday, I hit a local chain of ponds this morning... They ain't big, but they were plentiful! Thunder ended the session way too soon. All were caught on an olive #10 bugger using only buggerbou and a saddle hackle.

post-52832-0-97511500-1467329787_thumb.jpg

post-52832-0-96209000-1467329828_thumb.jpg

post-52832-0-09734800-1467329909_thumb.jpg

post-52832-0-95205400-1467329972_thumb.jpg

Mayans taste damn good too!

Come on down Steve, you can take back a tanker truck full plus another dozen or so species. We even have lion fish all over the place for your saltwater aquariums.