Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Nice Smallies, Joel.

thanks, they are probably tied with bluegills as my favorite fly fishing targets.... Sometimes a fly rod with streamers or deer hair bugs is absolutely the way to go, outproducing any soft plastics or hardware. Some days not. I wish I had a pic of my PB fly rod smallmouth, 21.5 inches, but it was a long time ago in a river far, far away and we weren't as obsessed with documenting every moment of our lives back then.

Yeah, JS ... but it was a lot harder to document your catches when you had to chisel it into a rock.

Since I have never posted a pick of a fish , here is today's largest. Smallie just under 16" out of the Conestoga river (Lancaster Central Park , Lancaster PA) . Caught on a poorly tied Muddler Minnow (WF8F , fluoro leader no added weight).

PICT0001_zpsr4r3fori.jpg

You should post them more often, Brian. That's a nice Small Mouth.

They seem to be well fed this year. Most have been fat and seem to have more fight than usual. Had one around 10" that decided it was a flying fish and puked up a nice size crayfish when he reentered the water. The crayfish shot out like a projectile. That's the first time I've seen that. Adult gizzard shad were running up the river today too, guess we'll be seeing their spawn this year again.

Flathead asp and Amur pike caught 2 days ago in the Machtovaya River, Amur River drainage.

What's more fun on a fly , Asp or pike ? That pike had a good size scar on it's upper side/back.

Dang! That looks like a hoss on a 2wt. Who had who? Best "big" fish on a small rod for me was a 5 lb LMB on a 3wt using a #14 clouser. I was not in control for most of that fight.