Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Carp Beatdown, shame as i am targeting freshwater drum, but these bulldozers keep hoovering the fly.

P6191616.jpg

P6191615.jpg

I am going to get one of those drum tomorrow, they look quite pretty swimming around ignoring my presentations.

They do go pretty hard so i am not complaining, but to get them to eat a fly will make your hair fall out, at least in this river.

Went back and tried for the drum again, but only ended up with suckers and panfish. I guess i have till Friday here, yay!

P6191616-1.jpg

anyone know what sort of sucker this is? Actually went airborne. The ones i usually get don't have such long red fins.

P6191615-1.jpg

I just lost a 6.5 Lbs small mouth on my fly rod a couple dys ago. I was fishing and I just see a spalsh of water and I look into the water there are 5 massive small mouths. I tryed a couple streamers dang things wouldn't bite so I tie on a wooly bugger because we had a flash of catipiler population. First cast I get one of em on my line I'm tire him out and I'm dragging him to the net and all of a sudden he jumps and I lose him. You can imagine how happy I was. (sarcasim)

Catching nice smallies up here on crayfish patterns B)

P7141634.jpg

loads of these little chewy things...Fun!

P7161655.jpg

More smallies, looking for a big lunker sized beast, i hope i find one!!!

Is there such a thing as a leech hatch? Seeing a load of big leeches swimming just under the surface and the fish are keying into them. Using my 'simple deep leech' works a treat!

P7171668.jpg

And here i am trying to make a small pike look big, the wife's rod isn't bad!

P7201688.jpg

bye bye lake, heading back to the big smoke for 3 weeks of work before heading to BC for steelhead and salmon.

P7201696.jpg