Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Thanks Mike. Fishing has been real tough around here due to the drop. Very sad to see entire ponds drying up and lakes at very low levels. Tough on the fish and all the others animals at need the water and the habitat.

Mmmm mmm mmmmmm ... Fish fry !!! Nice Crappie, Rick!

Nothing like that biting in this California river ... but I DID get one Stripped Bass yesterday. Just a baby, but a nice catch anyway.

Holy Moly, Caloosa! That looks to be a huge Bass. Hard to tell, though ... distracted by the goofy dude eating his fly rod !!!wink.png

Seriously, though ... that's looks like an (about) eight pound bass !!!

Never weighed it. Maybe 7+?? This was my personal best on fly. I caught it last October on a size 6 black and yellow foam popper. 10# mono tied to eye barb in fly line. Yes, no loop knot..it's just always worked for me. It"ll bite me one day. I lucked out in this fish, I was fishing a canal that had very little cover. He just sucked it under, so splash, barely a ripple. When I came tight the battle was on, bunch of jumps and runs. Thought for sure he was gonna come off.

I've been going through my phone clearing out pics to open more storage room, and I saw the pic with me eating the fly rod and laughed out loud.. mikechell's post how he couldn't stand pics with people holding the rod in there mouth, came to mind.

post-59266-0-71840800-1471199760_thumb.jpg

LOL That's better !!!

And it IS a good fish, at least 7 pounds, but I'm sticking to my guess of 8.

This one, from Lake Houston, was 7 pounds, 2 ounces. That's from around 2005.