Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Spinning rod sad.png

There's more to fishing than just fly rods. Over the years, I've fished with every sport method known.

If you can't cast a spinning rod or bait caster set up as well as a fly rod, you're not a well rounded angler.

But that picture is also more than 10 years old. Almost your age !!!

I agree Mike, its just to me I feel that I have only truly caught a fish if it was on fly. Just everything about it to me is so much better, IMO

Fly fishing IS a blast, Flats. Catching a fish on an artificial bait, no matter how it's presented, to me, is what fishing is all about. Fly fishing is only one aspect of it.

Actually, in my experience, fly fishing is the easiest way to be sure you catch some fish. I used to take a fly rod when I went bass fishing, but I used conventional gear and soft plastics. If I went half the day without a bite or two, I'd switch to the fly rod. I'd catch fish with that, maybe not "trophies" but I'd definitely catch fish.

So many times, I've come back to the ramp with a mess of nice sunfish, finding out that I caught more than anyone else, even (sometimes) the bait fishers.

Casting a fly rod is the most technical of the fishing methods. Catching fish on a fly is the easiest of the (artificial lure) fishing methods.

Spin rods are gay!

And you, Adam, being the expert on all things "gay", would know.

Thank you for the information.

Guys come on, lets not start another battle. Adam was just making a joke I believe.

Mike just curious, have you ever eaten a largemouth bass before?

Mike just curious, have you ever eaten a largemouth bass before?

I used to ... but Wife doesn't like them so I never do these days. Too many other sunfishes that taste better !!!

If anyone's interested, here's the final three "episodes" of California fishing.

post-37956-0-82163000-1471331726_thumb.jpg

This is an old pic that I happened to find ...trawling through historic pics of mine lol

When I didn't always practice catch and release ..

If anyone's interested, here's the final three "episodes" of California fishing.

Is that one of stevos rods ?