Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Ya. They can have their $70,000 bass boats and flipping sticks. Just give me a good topwater bite on a fly rod in a canal and I can have more fun than them. Probably out fishing some who will be weighing in tomorrow.

This one was pretty lean, but I'll go with camera angle though.

So, me and dad got a head start on the flw guys this morning out on lake o. Man what a day! We fished till 11 and it was non-stop action. We landed 50 or so bass and missed many more. I only threw the fly rod for a little this morning after landing several nice bass on a frog before the breeze picked up. I have a couple weedless frogs tied in 3/0 worm hooks that haven't really been tested. They were hammering it in some pretty thick grass. They worked perfectly only hanging fish and not the weeds. Once the breeze picked up I went back to conventional and never looked back. We were like kids in a candy store. Didn't get any monsters, but all nice fish from 13-19 inches. What a blast.

post-59266-0-27878700-1474234999_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-00652400-1474235020_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-62715000-1474235032_thumb.jpg

post-55238-0-00975200-1474400524_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-23214800-1474400565_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-13744800-1474400597_thumb.jpg Had some fun before work today in the sea, 105cm almost 42", strong fish cos' the water is still warm, lifted my legs & got pulled a bit, but it wanted to go deep a few times bending the 8'4" #9 like a banana cos' i wouldn't give it anything, they're hard to get out of the reeds from a float tube! Nice size to start autumn pike season with!

Well, the Sun was out after work today, so I got to get my feet wet in the Milwaukee River.

I had a few hits, and there'll be a video on YouTube sometime soon. But then, when I finally hooked one, this is what was hitting !!!

Yeah, go ahead ... kick a man while he's down !!!

Wait 'til I get the video posted ... LOL ... I skipped one across the water that I think was smaller than that one, but it got off before I could really feel it fight !!!