Fly Tying
Toirtis

Vise Pics, please!

Bump...I am still very much wanting any vise photos you can share, especially of uncommon and unique vises!

Here is my Dyna-King Sidewinder, a small travel vise, and the head of my H L Leonard vise. The Leonard vise was sold in the 1970s, and I somehow lost the stem. I have since built a new stem from a piece of 1/4 inch all thread and a couple of wing nuts.

Have you had trouble with the tension control for rotary? I sent mine back once and again, the tension screw doesn't tighten appropriately.

Thanks guys. Pete, I am all too familiar with the JVise...I am saving up for one right now, and a photo of one has been my computer background for months. I see you have the damascene steel jaw-set...something that I will likely never have, alas. The LAW is wonderful, too...I recently got to touch #3.

I was watching Enrico Puglisi tie flies at the Lancaster show this past weekend. I noticed that he had a unique vise, sorta like a Regal but different. Finally got around to looking it up. It is called a GME vise and appears that his website is the only place to buy them. If only I had a spare grand sitting around...

http://epflies.com/index.php/new/components/ep-vice.html

Have used a number of vise's, and i have a few as well :rolleyes:

Love my Dyna-king Barracuda, and thought in was the best.

TricolorDeenewvice018.jpg

But above is a photo of my LAW, and don't think there is another on the market to touch it.

Happy tying guys,

Dai.

Here is my Dyna-King Sidewinder, a small travel vise, and the head of my H L Leonard vise. The Leonard vise was sold in the 1970s, and I somehow lost the stem. I have since built a new stem from a piece of 1/4 inch all thread and a couple of wing nuts.

Have you had trouble with the tension control for rotary? I sent mine back once and again, the tension screw doesn't tighten appropriately.

I rarely use the Sidewinder for tying anymore, but I don't remember ever having any problems with the rotary tension control. I did have to get a new forcing cone, but the damage to the origional cone was done by the previous owner.

So far no body has posted any pictures of the Nor-Vise, so I will post mine. This is the vise I use all the time.

post-12074-0-19794100-1330188031_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-62970700-1330188126_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-12340000-1330201424_thumb.jpg