Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
EricF

Flies into Cabinet Knobs

First, I should say I'm not a photographer, so sorry for the pic quality.

but that said - the second pic is a pile of flies my daughter (10 years old) tied. Not her first flies, but fairly early on. More importantly, we are re-doing our kitchen - so we embedded them in resin and made them into kitchen cabinet knobs which we will use for our new cabinets (1st pic).

While the quality may not be like most of what I see here ... these are the best damn looking flies I've ever seen in a long time!!

post-30005-0-19202400-1323999742_thumb.jpg

post-30005-0-17763900-1323999758_thumb.jpg

First, I should say I'm not a photographer, so sorry for the pic quality.

but that said - the second pic is a pile of flies my daughter (10 years old) tied. Not her first flies, but fairly early on. More importantly, we are re-doing our kitchen - so we embedded them in resin and made them into kitchen cabinet knobs which we will use for our new cabinets (1st pic).

While the quality may not be like most of what I see here ... these are the best damn looking flies I've ever seen in a long time!!

Great idea there!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you use as a mold?

You can buy molds - the place I bought them doesn't seem to have them anymore (perhaps I bought the last one?). But here is another company - which I've never ordered from - that has them: http://www.creative-wholesale.com/Easy%20Cast.html look further down on the page and you'll find them.

Cheers-E

It is stuff called castin' craft. If you search it on amazon, you'll find it. Apparently folks make jewelry out of it - I've used it to make paperweights.

That is an awesome way to show off her flies! Not only are flies good for catching fish...... It will also catch everyone's attention when they visit your kitchen.