Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For January

here you go BB 11 hairy toms ready to go I photographed one so you all could see it

post-10925-0-49847500-1325992983_thumb.jpg

Recipe

Hook: sz 10 dry fly

thread: 6/0 white

tail: deer hair tips color of top half of body coated with flexament

body: deer hair stacked and trimmed 2 contrasting colors

wing: natural deer hair tips fanned out like a collar

eye: mono eyes

head: deer hair same color as top half of body spun and trimmed

That thing reminds me of Mothra....lol

I'm sure it will, I hope to get after them more this year. There are some nice bedding areas on Cedar Lake I want to try.

Hey Guys, I've been out of town for a few days, but while I was gone, Fshrmanms's poppers came in and they look even better "in person" than in the photo! Really nice set of poppers. These are going to decrease the 'gill population, for sure! Thanks, Fshrmanms, for the extras.

Take care

BB

Hey Guys, some more awesome flies came in today. We got some really nice foam ants from Bluegill and some wonderful mini gill hoppers from Dreamcaster. Great job, guys. These are ALL going to see the end of my line this Spring!

I'm getting an old Snapper mower repaired so I can use it to haul my One Man Inflatable Pontoon boat from our get away house to the water! I am definitely making plans to chase the 'gills this year, for sure.

Take care

BB

Hey guys/gals,

If someone sees this please send me Breambuster's address so I can send him the flies today. There is a huge snowstorm in Chicago and I want to make sure these go out today. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Forrest

Hey Guys, some more awesome flies came in today. We got some really nice foam ants from Bluegill and some wonderful mini gill hoppers from Dreamcaster. Great job, guys. These are ALL going to see the end of my line this Spring!

I'm getting an old Snapper mower repaired so I can use it to haul my One Man Inflatable Pontoon boat from our get away house to the water! I am definitely making plans to chase the 'gills this year, for sure.

Take care

BB

Those other 2 for u are size 6 bass love em

Hey Guys, Famil00's flies are here as are Bluegill's. We have 5 sets in with 6 to go, not counting mine. Fly Willy's are in the mail but it's taking them a WHILE to get here from Canada. I'm looking for them every day. NJ All Day has some personal as well as family obligations that he's having to deal with. He said his flies my be a little late. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I still need to hear from Foambug, Frequent Tyer, Andydoc and Lukemccoy on the status of your flies. There's still time, you've got about a week to get them to me, so let me know when you put them in the mail, guys.

Thanks

BB

Mike, they came in the mail today. The foam crickets, pictured earlier, from Frequent Tyer are here! Wow, what a beautiful set of flies! Very nice! Thanks, Mike, for the extras. So now, there are just 3 tyers that I need to hear from, and after that, there is one set in the mail and one set that may be a few days late.

Thanks, guys.

BB