Fly Tying
MTFlyJunkie

Prince nymph issues

be sure when your tying them in you have the natural curve of the biot facing downward

I am doing that and they aren't standing straight up but at least a 45 it's driving me crazy

don not add to much tension on the biots when tying down, just a few wraps lightly first to set them then cover and tie off.

don not add to much tension on the biots when tying down, just a few wraps lightly first to set them then cover and tie off.

Good advice.

One more thing, make sure the thread base you are lashing down the biots to, is level with the material it butts up against, if you understand what I mean. If your tie down spot is lower than the peacock herl, as you lash down the biots it will force them to raise up. I hope that makes some bit of sense to you.

if the wire is coming close to the base for the biots it will push them up aswell. try a dot of crazy glue on a pin and push them down to fix the ones you have already tied.

Good advice.

One more thing, make sure the thread base you are lashing down the biots to, is level with the material it butts up against, if you understand what I mean. If your tie down spot is lower than the peacock herl, as you lash down the biots it will force them to raise up. I hope that makes some bit of sense to you.

This is great advice, might want to consider when initially putting down your first wraps "slightly forward" then sneak the thread wraps back with very little tension, light wraps will make the biots lie down, then wrap forward B4 applying a couple of tighter turns .

Bruce