Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mcfly

What did you ask Santa for this year?

Here is the letter I sent wink.gif

~~~~~~~

Dear Santa,

Thanks for the large sack of coal last year. It really came in handing heating the house. This year though I'd like to break from tradition and actually receive the items I ask for. I've been very good an have only once this year called off work to fish.

Here are a few items that would make my christmas:

A Dyna King Barracuda. This mystical vice turns even the poorest tied fly into a masterpeice.

A Jungle Cock, yes I know those birds are hard to catch but I feel your elves should have no problem plucking them buggers.

My own tying station. This will assure that I'll have no problem being good as it will keep me away from the kitchen table. My wife always gets a little testy when she gets marabou in her coffee.

More thread, in all sorts of colors one can never have to many colors of thread.

More hair and feathers, any kind any color, come to think of it you wouldn't have any polar bear hair or maybe a few clippings from Rudolf?

A nice set of Hackle pliers the ones I have always seem to let go right at the last moment. You know what I mean? Just before you get that thread wrapped around the darn thing pops out and unravels.

A fly tying class or two would be great as well, I know you have "contacts" in my area. Don't let this slip please I'd hate for everyone to find out just how bad at tying I really am.

Oh and don't let me forget, a nice C&F Fly box system. Every fly tyer must have a place to pack away all of his flies.

I'll put out extra stockings this year, you can fill them with floatant, sink, fly lines, leaders, hooks, and any other other gadgets or dodads I can attach to my fishing vest. Come to think of it if I bounce up and down in the right pattern I can play jingle bells while wearing my vest..... smile.gif That has to count for something right?

Thank you Santa.

P.S. I'll leave the scotch out after the wife and kids go to bed just like last year. Please don't smash the bottle when it is empty again. I still don't think my wife believes that it all evaporated due to the heat from the fire place.

I liked your letter to santa. This year I asked for a pair of dr slick razor scissors, a new fly box and multiple tying books (you can never have too many books).

john

Okay I'll bite although I'm gonna get friggen ragged for it big time:

I asked Santa for:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

this was a question I thought of posting myowndamnself.

anyways, I asked my mother for...or I should say handed her a feather-craft catalog w/ items circled...c&f system flybox (it'll be my fifth c&f box), 6 inserts, and the filing deal.

I'm pretty stoked about getting it.

I'll prolly end up in trouble eventually if that damn peak vise keeps giving me the eye over at sportsman's warehouse. not that I need it or anything, but I sure like its lines.

a weeklong fishing pass from the wife to head up to lees ferry would be awfully nice.

mgj

Dear Santa

I would like a new fly rod better than the one I have, pretty much they are all better than the one I have. Might as well throw in a better real. A new pair of waders, a new tying vice, a fly vest, a tying area (not a bench. Another room on my house.), a drift boat, a trailer for the drit boat, a truck for the trailer, and most important, ALL THE PAYED TIME OFF TO GO FISHING.

Tim

P.S. If Troutbums wife declines on his present, can I have that also.

P.S.S. Oh yeh! I was a good boy this year!! Rick wasn't!!

Sd

You will shoot your eye out if you get a Red Ryder BB gun.

BFR

a PSE Nova bow, and Tim Grounds half breed goose call, and the Alabama Greatest Hits CD. Song, song of the south, sweet po...oops, sorry. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Same thing as last year but this time make it a differnt colour would ya.

I know an old guy that looks like Santa,I call him that all the time,he says Im his number one elf.

So I already have access to Santas list and Know all the girls that are nice and naughty.Purrrfect! biggrin.gif