Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Olive Baitfish

Nice one P-Red, I bet the reds/ trout are gonna slam that one...might even be fun to annoy the "blues" with... :lol:

L33, Hoping for huge sow trout, like to see what kind of hair cut blues the blues will give...have been catching them and spanish in the back bays on live shrimp :blink:

Thanks NY...Mullet was the look I was hoping for, kind of on a spun hair kick...watched Puglisi videos today.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Have my first order of Congo Hair set to arrive today. Hope I can make mine half as nice as yours! Any tips??

damn, you're on fire Dave. I take it you tie the head in the same way as with wool heads?

Have my first order of Congo Hair set to arrive today. Hope I can make mine half as nice as yours! Any tips??

You can't go wrong with Congo Hair, one of the best deals going for synthetic hair.

Most time less is more, too much material can inhibit action (depending on pattern)...the best patterns are translucent (sp.?). Scour the internet for information on tying methods and SBS tutorials, there is a TON of info out there. Fly Fishing Ohio has a great Peanut Bunker video, run through FTF database and SBS page.

Check out this site's patterns and free tips videos, I paid for the subscription...well worth the price, just turn the sound down :D http://epflies.com/index.php/

I take it you tie the head in the same way as with wool heads?

Thanks Andy, pretty close to the same...the free tip video on packing hair at the EP site is spot on. A friend gave me a cautery pen so I can burn a hole to recess the eyes...ruined to flies so far, will take some practice.

Tight lines...dave