Fly Tying
LotechJoe

Not Fishing Related

Who's your favorite guitar player. My wife is watching Eric Clapton on public TV right now and it got me to thinking. Who is my favorite all time guitar player. I have enjoyed Eric Clapton, BB King, Segovia, Chet Atkins, Santana, Jerry Garcia, Jerry Reed and all the red-hot rock 'n' roll, country, classical and blues folks you can think of. But the only guy I ever saw just plain throw his fingers at a guitar and make it talk was Jimmy Hendrix.

What say folks? If this is an inappropriate subject for this forum the administrators can and should delete it.

P.S. BB King is playing now, so I'm going to watch TV for a bit. C'ya later.

John beat me to it...Kirk Hammett is mine as well (metallica for those that are wondering dry.gif )

2nd would be Steve Gaines ( Original guitar player for Lynard Skynard)

SD

Hmmmmm, this is tough. I'd have to say Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton. Seen EC in concert a couple times. Never disapointing. Never got the chance for SRV.

Randy Rhoads and Kirk Hammett. I saw EC in concert in Cincinnati probably about 11 years ago and SRV in Albuquerque about 23 years ago, the two best concerts ever.

Joe Walsh played tonight also on the show I watched. He did Funk 49 with Grand Funk Railroad. Santana did a duet with Clapton. It was "Jingo." Red Hot! Robert Cray was there. ZZ Top was there. Man, I'm startin' to have some serious Flash-Backs. I wish I could have been there live, but I'm sure my ticker would have failed. In the words of Ed Sullivan; "Good Show."

Hendrix is still the best. Remember Electric Lady Land?

Hendrix is #1 - no doubt whatsoever. Machine Gun from the Band of Gypsies' Filmore concert is practically a religious experience, as is Spanish Castle Magic from the '69 LA Forum concert.

Then SRV, Eddie Van Halen, Clapton, Eric Johnson, Santana, Les Claypool (bass), and Nuno Bettencourt, probably more or less in that order. Cantrell, Malmsteen, Dime Bag, Reeves Gabriels, and Billy Corgan (underrated IMB) are honorable mentions. I've left out the kick butt classical players.

Claypool is awesome. I can remember in high school listening to tommy the cat from primus. I can still hear that fretless bass hook from tommy the cat. I saw a espn flyfishing show early this year with him. He was fishing the three rivers ranch. He is a big time flyfisherman when he is not touring.

john

I llike all of the above but I thoght Id throw in a couple more good ones,Mark Farner,Jimmy Page,Joe Sattriani,Bobby Gibbons,David Gilmore, you said your favorite,I dont have just one and the list could go on

Clapton, BB King, Santana, Page (love the work on the BBC Sessions album), Jack Johnson, and especially Jonny Lang. Can't remember who, but a famous bluesman once said of Lang " He plays so good, I want to break his fingers."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.