Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Red

Benchside Reference

Just bought the Fly Tier's Benchside Reference, and have been having a ball reading it. Seems like every page has some technique I have never heard of before. I am learning a lot of new techniques, and getting some insights into the ones I thought I knew. The best part is it cost half of the publisher's price. I went to the Barnes and Noble site, did a search for it, and found a bookstore offering new copies for $50, in case anyone is interested in getting one.

Just bought the Fly Tier's Benchside Reference, and have been having a ball reading it. Seems like every page has some technique I have never heard of before. I am learning a lot of new techniques, and getting some insights into the ones I thought I knew. The best part is it cost half of the publisher's price. I went to the Barnes and Noble site, did a search for it, and found a bookstore offering new copies for $50, in case anyone is interested in getting one.

Uhhhh...YEAH!!!!! Gimme a link bro....LOL! I've been wanting that one book for a few years...lowest I have found was $69 plus shipping!

amazon always has it for $63. shipping is free if you want to wait 5-8 days. if its free its for me!

I picked mine up back about 8 years ago for ...ready for this? $25 at a local Orvis shop. No idea why they had it marked down so cheap but it was so needless to say I snapped it up.

By far the best tying technique book I have ever seen in production. I would call it a "must have" for anyone that ties flies for sure.

Steve

Guess the next post will have to be someone who was paid to take one! :lol:

I volunteer my services for that deal.... :lol: Convincing my wife (the Godfather of my finances) that I NEED this book is ...uh...well...not a likely prospect.... :(