Fly Tying

January 2012: Flies from the Vise

Hi chaps, a friend recently asked me to make him some "Pot Bellied Pig" tube flies. I also tried some variations to the original dressing. This is my favourite made using hackles from a really nice hot orange badger cape that arrived this week. I thought the effect was rather striking.

SANY0092.jpg

This is my first serious effort at fly tying. Not the best attempt in the world but I guess it would pass as a black buzzer with copper rib.

post-37302-0-09897600-1326341494_thumb.jpg

This is my Pheasant Winged Beetle Bug

Hook: Size 12

Body: Super Fine Dubbin BWO With a mix of Other dubbing

Ribbing: Small Bronze color Wire

Shell Case: 4 Peacock Herls

Wing: Pheasant

Hackle: Black

Thread: Black 8/0

post-36234-0-35632100-1326342609_thumb.jpg

Killer Kandy Kane

Hook: Partridge #2 3x

Tag/Rib: Christmas Tinsel

Body: Red Metallic Embroidery Floss

Throat/ Collar: White Skeeter Fuzz

Under and Outer Wing: Red Bucktail Sparse

Middle Wing: White Bucktail Sparse

Head: White Flymaster 6/0 (2 coats Gorilla Super Glue)

post-11211-0-77922000-1326344439_thumb.jpg

...guess it coulda been a "Buck's Barber Pole"....but I was on a sugar high at the time...curses to the left over Christmas Candy...LOL!

Its been awhile since I tied any deer hair so I thought I'de warm up with a couple simple ones, Gotta love the Clown Fish Flies, fun to tie.The fly on the left is Deer hair, the right is Cow Elk. The Cow Elk is great stuff to work with and the length is greater than my Deer hair: For your viewing pleasure

Bruce

I have attached a picture of a clown fish. What do you think?

I have never done this before so I may or may not pick up your response. post-27438-0-89006900-1326845691_thumb.jpgpost-27438-0-89006900-1326845691_thumb.jpg

Mike George

Its been awhile since I tied any deer hair so I thought I'de warm up with a couple simple ones, Gotta love the Clown Fish Flies, fun to tie.The fly on the left is Deer hair, the right is Cow Elk. The Cow Elk is great stuff to work with and the length is greater than my Deer hair: For your viewing pleasure

Bruce

I have attached a picture of a clown fish. What do you think?

I have never done this before so I may or may not pick up your response. post-27438-0-89006900-1326845691_thumb.jpgpost-27438-0-89006900-1326845691_thumb.jpg

Mike George

Mike, I think they are great!, of course, I don't have the patience to attempt creating the fins, very nice, yeah, I took the easy way, I have seen your work and you are second to no-one

Bruce

My January has been concentrated on Congo hair! First go with fibers like Congo Hair (EP fiber alternative).

Finger Mullet!

IMAG0303-1.jpg

IMG_8984.jpg