Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tee Nootsie Brasseau

South Louisiana

Thanks you all. I have been busy. Bream is bedded up and catfish are making spawn. I am on the patasa.............I try to shew you guys a photograph of how I make. But I can not find how to put on a shot. post-37584-0-34766700-1335527207_thumb.jpg

I drop about 300 crawfish trap this year. Water is running out and I move them to deeper water but...season is almost over and price has dropped to 80 or 75 cents from buyers...time to pick them up for this year and throw them flies. I wish to know of a place to buy tying material that is not so expensive....I make and have friends that want bugs but I must find a cheaper place. I have been getting from Bass Pro Shop but they are too much money. If anyone can put me to a place that is not so much money I will appreciate it. Here is a favrite of mine.post-37584-0-82356800-1335527673_thumb.jpg

Tee,

You can go east or west. Red Stick in Baton Rouge or Acadiana Fly Rodders (AFR) in Lafayette both have active clubs and members who will be glad to share their skills with you. If you have any questions about upcoming AFR events, just e-mail me at [email protected].

Tee, for online suppliers I suggest 2 off the top of me head. First is our forum sponsor J Stockard,(http://www.jsflyfishing.com/) great materials and great service. Second would be the Fly Tyers Dungeon...(http://www.flytyersdungeon.com/index.htm) ...good product, EXCELLENT prices..a little slow on the responses sometimes , but overall a good source for your tying needs. Keep posting your creations and post them in the database for the rest of usn's to copy.... :lol:

Murray

Thanks you all. I have been busy. Bream is bedded up and catfish are making spawn. I am on the patasa.............I try to shew you guys a photograph of how I make. But I can not find how to put on a shot. post-37584-0-34766700-1335527207_thumb.jpg

Those look great! I'm kind of afraid to ask what the dog nail trimmers are for, but I've got to know what you use those for.

Kirk

Those look great! So, what do you use the dog nail clippers for?

Kirk

Kirk

That made the Tee laugh a little. I use them clips to cut up the bead chain that makes eyes. It cuts them smooth and does not leave the link piece in the ball. You get two balls with no little parts of the link sticking out....two holes that look like pupils of the eye. I hope that explains some Sha I have not real good English skill....Tee

That made the Tee laugh a little. I use them clips to cut up the bead chain that makes eyes. It cuts them smooth and does not leave the link piece in the ball. You get two balls with no little parts of the link sticking out....two holes that look like pupils of the eye. I hope that explains some Sha I have not real good English skill....Tee

Thats helped me out cause I normally just struggle with old scissors or wire snips and get annoyed with the little bits left.

Kirk

Neat idea. I'll have to check and see if I have a pair of those in my dog's bathing box. I usually just let the concrete in the yard keep their nails sanded and trimmed down.

Kirk

Here is one of the fly I do to get redfish and speck. It is made of bead chain eyes on a 1/0 hook. Use craft fur for the body and a little something to sparkle. It catches big fish and lots of trout.

Kirk

Neat idea. I'll have to check and see if I have a pair of those in my dog's bathing box. I usually just let the concrete in the yard keep their nails sanded and trimmed down.

Kirk