Fly Tying
mfs686

I Phone Apps

Well I finally broke down and bought an I Phone. Anybody have any fishing related Apps that they never knew exsisted but now that they have it they can't live without it?

The orvis app can be useful. Has some great videos. It cost $10 but when I got it there was a special where you got a $10 giftcard to orvis.

Really? 10$ ? When i looked at the orvis app like five months ago it was 25$!!!! Im going to Check again >:( i am on my ipod as we speak... Or... As you read... As i type!!! ( that is supposed to be an angry face > : (

I like the Orvis app for the knots I don't tie often (or more importantly, for my son). I also enjoy the podcasts, but you can use the iPod app for those. It does have links to state regulations as well, but if you are fishing in Alaska you want to read them well before you hit the water.

The app I use the most is FishHead. It gives river info and weather. It's nice to check to see if the river is blown out before you drive 100 miles!

the app has some nice podcasts that can be nice to watch when you have nothing to do. It also has a bunch of patterns in it. It also has some other neat features.

Another app I use is the river reader app. It shows the water levels and speeds of pretty much all the rivers and streams. It uses info from the usgs.

I dont have any that I consider a must have for fishing.

As for the Orvis app, you can get all the podcasts for free through iTunes. I enjoy Rosenbauer's podcasts.

Fish Head is a great app. At your finger tips you have 1000's of river gauges with the weather forecast and a lot more useful info. It was not the cheapest app, but well worth it.

Joe Fox