Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Druce

A stiff 6 weight

So, iv gotten into light tackle for salmon fishing, last year (2011) I got to fish a lot for salmon and found it was a blast to tackle them on a 6 weight rod. When the season gets colder I tend to switch to sink tips and the 6 weight I use is perfect for it although im wondering if there is a stiffer rod. Im wondering if anyone has ever possessed a 6 weight rod that was crazy stiff, currently I have met no match to the cabelas cahill 6 weight its stiff as nails an cheep landed 100+ fish on it. any contenders?

Redington predator.on sale at sierra trading post as much as 60% off with coupons.I love my 8wt.

TFO rods are fast, particularly the TiCR-X. If you like Cabela's, I've always been a fan of their LST/LSI rods. Very fast, and light, and on sale they're a great buy IMO.

Tom

TFO rods are fast, particularly the TiCR-X. If you like Cabela's, I've always been a fan of their LST/LSI rods. Very fast, and light, and on sale they're a great buy IMO.

Tom

I second this. TFO rods are great and there's never anything to be disappointed about.

I use my TFO TiCRX 6 wt when fishing for hawg trout in the Delaney Buttes - it performs admirably even tossing heavily weighted streamers

i got a Sage Launch 6-wt thats pretty sweet, not exactly stiff as nails but does great on the san juan with a sink tip

Any rod rated for 7wt would cast a 6wt line with ease,,, for years I used my Sage 790 RPL with a WF6F line.

The rod does not care which line you use,,,, it is only a recommendation by the individual manufacturer.

Any good graphite rod will comfortably cast +1 and -1 line weight.

Regards,

FK

I have a Conlon 7wt that is really fast. I am sure they are available in a 6 wt too.