Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
WYKnot

A couple of good books

Lookin for some practical reading this winter? Want to stretch your tying skills and learn some new techniques? The following books are recommended.

Tying Small Flies, Ed Engle. Excellent resource for anyone new to the world of small flies. Patterns, methods, tips, and background information on fishing small flies.

Tying Flies the Paraloop Way, Ian Moutter. Well written, illustrated, and presented. Though not new, certainly a creative way to integrate a different tying style to existing patterns.

I'll second that on Engle's book. I'm reading it now and find it quite good. Haven't seen the other book he mentions.

I'll second the paraloop book. I got that last winter and loved it.

This winter I jsut got hte tying emergers. I glaced through it but everones recomendation seems to be right on.

Thanks

Roebrt

QUOTE (WYKnot @ Dec 3 2004, 09:16 AM)
Lookin for some practical reading this winter? Want to stretch your tying skills and learn some new techniques? The following books are recommended.

Tying Small Flies, Ed Engle. Excellent resource for anyone new to the world of small flies. Patterns, methods, tips, and background information on fishing small flies.

Tying Flies the Paraloop Way, Ian Moutter. Well written, illustrated, and presented. Though not new, certainly a creative way to integrate a different tying style to existing patterns.

Could you give more information on those books so I can order them.thanks

Daryn

try going to barnsandnoble.com. i just searched the site and found both books. i think the price is in us $.

Daryn,

Order info below, most sites carry it or can order it; I found both on the shelf (one at Barnes and Noble and the other at Borders)

Tying flies the paraloop way

Ian Moutter

ISBN: 0881505544

Pub. Date: April 2002

Publisher: Countryman Press

Tying small flies

Ed Engle

ISBN: 0811700828

Pub. Date: April 2002

Publisher: Stackpole Books

Happy hunting.

Sign in to follow this