Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cody Gould

Marabou

Barlows Tackle offers discounts on 10 or more packs. They sell a half ounce package for $2.49, and if you need a lot of colors, you can mix them for the discount. You might try to see if your regular supplier will offer quantity discounts as well.

My experience with the Barlow packs have been ok. They are not the Strung Marabou Blood Quills that most tyers like to use. But you do get a lot of feathers. I have found that Hareline's bulk (your local shop can order for you) Strung Marabou Blood Quills are more cost effective because you can use every feather and its more consistent for your streamer tails.

Before you start tossing rocks at me, let me justify. Bass Pro Shops carries their White River line of materials which for the most part are well below average as materials go. That having been said, White River makes a bulk bag of marabou that most stores don't stock but can be special ordered through the BPS fly shop. The quality is superb in these bulk packs, their small packs...not so much.

Hobby Lobby sells marabou neck things for costumes. Stuff drag queens wear. Its a piece about 4 feet long for less then 6 bucks. They have a clown colored one that has alot of exotic colors on it. Pretty fun to wear when no ones looking too lol.