Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flygirl

Bird pics

With recent sightings of Snowy Owls in my area, spent the day searching with no luck....but I did come across a nice flock of Snow Buntings & a Northern Harrier.

post-9408-0-92317100-1327454131_thumb.jpg post-9408-0-20732500-1327454152_thumb.jpg post-9408-0-40889800-1327454188_thumb.jpg

What state you from flygirl? Have been reading about the mass migration of the snowy owls and curious where folks are seeing them. Nice pics you posted. I used to see a lot of Harriers when I lived in New Mexico. Now that I'm in Alaska, Bald Eagles have replaced the Harriers. Again, nice pics.

Thanks I'm from Ct.......The Snowy Owls have been seen here in Ct., R.I., & N.J......I just haven't had any luck in seeing them. They haven't been around for the past couple of weeks, temps have been in the 40's.

I hear they've been seeing them as far south as Oklahoma and Missouri... bet the local birdwatchers are having a field day with that. I miss my time cruising the wildlife sanctuaries in NM but here everywhere you go is like a sanctuary. Was coming home from Wasilla, AK on Tuesday and there's a state refuge on the way back and there must have been 30 moose feeding out there. No place to pull over and take pictures of course, but still great to see them. Sometimes our governments can be so frustrating... hey, let's create a huge preserve to protect the animals so everyone can come enjoy them, then not put any pull-outs or parking lots in. Politicians!!! Tight lines!

AK FlyBum