Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheCream

Finished up a few poppers and streamers last night

I finished up 4 tube popper bodies last night using the Rainy's Large Frog bodies, a'la Curtis Fry. I liked the finished product with these two paint combinations. I have not trimmed the tubes yet or attached the junction tubing, obviously. For the light gray/dark gray/pink version I used a mix of hot pink and blue dun hackle wrapped behind the body:

DSC_0239-4.jpg

DSC_0250-1.jpg

And this one is metallic olive pearl/metallic Inca gold/metallic black, and I used some grizzly yellow saddle wrapped behind the body:

DSC_0266-1.jpg

DSC_0274-2.jpg

I also finished up a 1/0 black/purple/blue Supercharger streamer that I hope to test on bass this spring:

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0314-1.jpg

wow the poppers are great. One note on teh supercharger. The doll eyes will help it float and wiggle by the top, but the first time you hit something hard, the eyes will break and fill with water. The fly will then sink and run crooked. I used to use them on my floating streamers, but went to solid glass eyes instead.

where i fish there is a wall of rock directly behind me.

so far i have broken every eye i have tried.

ive had good luck with the stick on mylar eyes then coating them with epoxy.

that would also add some weight to your streamer giving it a slight jigging action on slow retreives.