Fly Tying
LeoCreek

Orvis Superfine Trout Bum

Does anyone have any feedback on the Orvis Superfine Trout Bum? This 7' 4wt 4pc sounds like it would make a very sweet little travel rod for smaller waters. Just curious about any first hand knowledge of this rod. Thanks!

Tom

LC,

Don't own one, but cast it at Manchester, VT (Orivs Shop). A very sweet rod that responds well to a smooth, measured casting stroke. Geared toward a gentle presentation, but handled well on a windy day. I would sure like to try one for an extended period.

WYKnot

WYKnot,

I would sure like to try one for an extended period, too....like say the next 20 years or so! Thanks for the report, even if it was just casting at a shop!

Tom

I'm currently after one. Looking for a slow rod for small stream wet fly fishing. The rod is perfect for what I want to do. My fly's should stay nice and wet and my presentations should be perfect providing the wind stays down. Tried one at the show and it was slik.

check out the clearwater classic in a 7'6" 3wt. only a few shops on the east coast have them.. limited ed. rod from orvis..