Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ThreeJsDad

Just a Little Something

I would love some input, Now that I look more closely at the pics there are some threads in the tails I should clean up. I guess I should get a better light and a lens on an arm I can swing over for inspection.

Paul

That is a nice tie. Now that i looked at the pics closer i see a detatched body how did you do that? It looks realy tightly... Um... Done. i dont know haha. Are prmade bodies or did you make it yourself?

T-Boll

That is a nice tie. Now that i looked at the pics closer i see a detatched body how did you do that? It looks realy tightly... Um... Done. i dont know haha. Are prmade bodies or did you make it yourself?

T-Boll

Thank You Sir, I made the body on a needle and then tied it to the fly. When doing batches I make up a bunch of bodies and then tie the flies when I have the bodies done. That one is tied on a 22 2X short hook, so it is basically a 26 with a wide gap.

Fantastic fly threes,

I would like to commend you on the tail also. I usually use a large sewing needle to make bodies for spent flies. Similar to how you made it. I would like to ask if you can add a pic of the head area? I cant see the head area from this angle. Great tye!