Fly Tying
JWM72

Vise info

I was just looking for a some feedback on the renzetti presentation 2000 vise. I have been tying on a renzetti traveler for 15 years and it has served me well. But I would like to upgrade to vise that has a little more weight in the base and one that has a longer stem. The presentation 2000’s price range seems reasonable. I have tied mostly trout patterns, In the past year or so I have switched to tying saltwater patterns since I live a ¼ mile from the coast and was able to pick up a center console to get me out and around sandy hook to chase stripers. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim

I was just looking for a some feedback on the renzetti presentation 2000 vise. I have been tying on a renzetti traveler for 15 years and it has served me well. But I would like to upgrade to vise that has a little more weight in the base and one that has a longer stem. The presentation 2000’s price range seems reasonable. I have tied mostly trout patterns, In the past year or so I have switched to tying saltwater patterns since I live a ¼ mile from the coast and was able to pick up a center console to get me out and around sandy hook to chase stripers. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim

Jim,

I have a lot of vises, so have used many over the years. Renzetti does make quality vises. Personally, I like the Presentation 4000. I mostly tie small flies and really like the screw type jaws on the 4000. But, I think any of their vises would be good.'

Byron

My first Renzetti was the 3000. I got it back in the 70's. In 2006 I got the 2000, I put that baby on the bench and used my 3000 with the AuSable crank on the road.Tow years ago I sent the 3000 to Renzetti and had it reworked and brought up to date. They did a fantastic job on it. I also have a traveler vise for the kids to use. I thought about Dayna-King but I don't do bass bugs or salt water flies.IMHO, you just can't beat a Renzetti..... :D

You know you can buy a longer stem from Renzetti, I did. About the base I think the Peak base is the best out there, which the Renzetti will fit.

Thanks for the replies and info. I think I’m going to try to upgrade my traveler with a new base and matching riser from Peak. I think this should get me a slightly taller and stable platform until I decide on my next vise

If you know someone with a welder a base of any weight is a simple thing to make. 3/8 inch pipe is easy to get at any hardware store. Drill a hole through the side weld a nut to it and screw in a knob for the shaft lock.