Fly Tying
Jimboha!

Looking for a Friendly Trout Fly Swap or Substitute

Howdy,

I've been monitoring the forum for little while but can't ever seem to find a swap when it starts. Maybe no new ones have started. But if you plan to start up a trout fly swap, could I join? I've done a small variety of dries, terrestrials, nymphs, streamers, scuds, and midges - so I'm game for most anything. Still working on that soft hackle technique, so let's not go there. :-}

I fish mostly high mountain lakes where the cutthroats, goldens, rainbows, and cutbows are willing takers for most anything.

I'd also be willing to step in as a sub if someone must drop out.

Thank you.

Jimboha!

PS I have read the swapper rules and tips.

Howdy,

I've been monitoring the forum for little while but can't ever seem to find a swap when it starts. Maybe no new ones have started. But if you plan to start up a trout fly swap, could I join? I've done a small variety of dries, terrestrials, nymphs, streamers, scuds, and midges - so I'm game for most anything. Still working on that soft hackle technique, so let's not go there. :-}

I fish mostly high mountain lakes where the cutthroats, goldens, rainbows, and cutbows are willing takers for most anything.

I'd also be willing to step in as a sub if someone must drop out.

Thank you.

Jimboha!

PS I have read the swapper rules and tips.

What about the hellgramite swap that is going on? It is not full yet.

I second the Hellgrammite swap, since I am hosting it. I do alot of swaps on here as a way to better my skills. I even just finished up a saltwater swap even though I live on the great lakes. So, you are invited to join my swap if you would like. What do you think? Once you do three swaps you can host your own.....

-Forrest

I second the Hellgrammite swap, since I am hosting it. I do alot of swaps on here as a way to better my skills. I even just finished up a saltwater swap even though I live on the great lakes. So, you are invited to join my swap if you would like. What do you think? Once you do three swaps you can host your own.....

-Forrest

Yeah, I did find your hellgramite swap a couple weeks ago but for some reason decided that they were more useful for bass fishing or river trout fishing. I was thinking about doing some Dougherty's Hellgramaniac anyway, so I think it would be a good idea after all to join your swap.

Let me find that thread and re-read up on it... Yep, looks good. Count me in. This will be fun!

(Now I should r-read the entire thread...)

Jim

A current swapmeister has PM'ed me about starting up just such a swap when his current one completes. Stay tuned.

Jim

Attention! Polarbear78 just opened a Terrestrial Swap - that is the swap we've been musing here!

Got sign up before it fills!

Jimboha