Fly Tying
bertgwen

Pike Swap

Attention all Pike Swappers:

Progeny, who knows everything, has informed me that my yak streamers require a trailer hook. Despite the red yak cheek, serving as a strike spot for Esox sp., progeny insists short strikes will ensue without said trailer hook. So, feel free to insert aforementioned trailer hook into the otherwise pristine yak streamer when it arrives.

PS: What galls me most is that he stole all my old tying stuff, and now he's better at it than me!!

Ha. I think my dad is referring to me.

Flies are sorted and packaged up ready to travel. I will be at the PO on Monday during lunch to ship them all out. Sorting big flies in a swap like this is always a treat. 70+ pike flies all spread out is quite a site to behold. If I had any skills at all with a camera I'd have taken a picture just to post it.

Thanks to all for participating, I think you'll be pleased with the selection. Hope your casting is at least adequate, some of these will definitely leave a dent in the back of your head if you are not careful. It's been a while, but I've done it a few times myself.

I received the pike flies today! Wow, they look awesome!

Thanks everybody for tying!

And thanks for hosting Bertgwen!!

I received the pike flies today! Wow, they look awesome!

Thanks everybody for tying!

And thanks for hosting Bertgwen!!

Got mine! Thanks

Fellas, swaps can be hit or miss. This one was a home run! Nice flies everybody. I have been working hard on a Pike fly box for my trip in July; it is now filled to the max. Thanks a lot for everyone's flies! And THANKS to bertgwen for hosting!!! I can't wait to get out and pitch these.

Got mine today looks really good . I will photograph these and post as soon as I get time. Definitely need a bigger background these puppies.