Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
iaflyfisher

Fly Tying Bench - iaflyfisher

When we gather for fly tying, I am always accused of bringing everything but the kitchen sink. At last weekends cabin fever retreat I took care of that problem.

Since I could not buy a sink that would work I had to make one. It actually works quite nicely and my things don't roll off on to the floor.

sink-1.jpg bench-1.jpg

iaflyfisher

That is awesome! Did you actually find a sink like that? Or did you make it? have a drain would be a cool way to get rid of the trash after your done flying! But I do like how nothing can roll away. Very nice!

I had to make the sink. This is what I started with: and what I ended up with:

sinkstart.jpg sinkfinish.jpg

I used a lot of JB-Weld and silicone to hold it together.. Norm's Nor-vise worked perfect fo this.

Sorry there is no step-by-step - the plumber confiscated it.

is the faucet a light?

Yes. The 'spout' was a magnetic bar-b-que light I picked up from the local big box store. It works really well as a fly tying light. I did convert it to plug-in power instead of battery. It is LED and gives a lot of light and stays cool to the touch.

I am thinking about making the faucets work as switches to the light and future garbage disposal.

This whole bench is to remind us to sometimes think outside of the box - waaaayyyy outside, and to have fun doing it. :)

I think the drain area would be a great place to mount your dubbing blender.