Fly Tying
TroutNerd

Hi there

Hello all, Im fairly new to the world of fly fishing/tying. But im learning fast and love everything related. Im 21 years old, currently living in Connecticut. Im happy to be a part of this great community! headbang.gif

Hey Tout Nerd, Welcome. I remember when I joined, the Bait Fisherman label was somewhat bothersome, but that changes once you start posting more replies. I think after 10 relies to the forum you will no longer be associated with worms and maggotts and rise to Beginner status. I'm not sure but I think after 20 postings you will be an Advanced member. You might want to add a fly or 10 to the database or even ask a number of questions to the group. Once again welcome and I'm pleased you are bothered by the short term title.

Graham

Hey TroutNerd. If you want trout the West Branch of the Farmington which just had it's best year ever. IF you want the "real deal" it's the lower Housy or the CT River for the smallie's smoke.gif

Ghow, I fish the west branch of farmington quite often. I live very close so it makes it easy. I also fish the salmon brook. Its not as big, but it holds a lot of brookies. anyhow thanks for the tips, id like to try the housy next year sometime, ive heard its great. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the site! Probably the most comprehensive (How's that for a big word?) site on flyfishing. If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist. Have heard the Housatonic is great. Have you tried it? Let us hear from you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The folks here are great and helpful. headbang.gif

TN...I went digging and this avatar is a wild brown from the west branch of salmon brook. Got some great fall brookie shots but I can't find them at the moment. If you want to try for smallies, try Tariffville which is probably closer to you. Not big but they make up with numbers.

Yes the west branch is the best place on the salmon brook, Nice brown! i love the native fish that live there. I do live very close to terrifville, so i will try that out next spring. Thanks for the help thumbsup.gif