Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For February

These guys went in the mail this morning.

Beadhead Bluegill Royal Prince

Hook: 2XL Nymph #10

Bead: ⅛ inch brown/olive

Underbody: 10 wraps of 0.015 lead against bead

Thread: Fluorescent fire orange

Tail: Orange goose biots

Body: Peacock herl with midsection of tying thread

Legs: Baby Legs Alive orange

Wing: White goose biots

Beadhead%2520Bluegill%2520Royal%2520Prince.JPG

Mike.

These guys went in the mail this morning.

Beadhead Bluegill Royal Princesses

Hook: 2XL Nymph #10

Bead: ⅛ inch brown/olive

Thread: Fluorescent fire orange

Tail: Orange goose biots

Body: Peacock herl with midsection of tying thread

Legs: Baby Legs Alive orange

Wing: White goose biots

Beadhead%2520Bluegill%2520Royal%2520Prince.JPG

Mike.

Those are cool can't wait to try em

We got two sets of flies in today. One is the set from Frequent Tyer in the pictures just above. They are really nice looking flies. Can't wait to try them. The other set is from Foambug and they are also some really nice looking beadheads. I'm sure they are going to catch fish as well. There are only 2 days left before the deadline, so we should be getting several more sets in right away. As soon as they are all in, I'll get them back to you all.

Take care

BB

Bluegill's flies arrived today, and they are very nice! They are Copper Johns or something very similar to that. Neatly tied, looking good, and the 'gills are already getting worried about a decrease in population!

That leaves 4 sets still out. I think that Fly Willy's set is in the mail, but coming from Canada may take awhile. It seems that the Postal Service in general may be having some problems right now. I ordered some materials from Wyoming and it took 8 days for it to come Priority mail! I have had things come from even further, from Washington State, in 3 or 4 days.

The first post of this thread is up-to-date, I believe, as to whose flies I have and whose I am still waiting for. Please check the list and make sure I haven't failed to put "Received" by someone's name that I should have. And if I haven't received your flies yet, please let me know, either by posting to the thread or by sending me a PM, where you are in the process.

Thanks

BB

My flies are on there way. It took me some time to put something together. Its a fly that I have used before but needed a change. I hope everyone like it.

Kevin

Andydoc's flies arrived today. They are similar to the Red Fox Squirrel Nymph, but they are obviously different as well. Mostly due to coloration and the tail is different. At any rate, I like it, I like it, I like it. Can't wait to try them out.

Three sets still out and they are all in the mail. Fly Willy sent his by Air on the 20th and they still aren't here. Seems to me that air isn't any faster than dog sled!

Take care

BB

We got flies today from Luke McCoy and Eastern Fly. That's all of them except for Fly Willy. I'm starting to wonder about what may have happened to his set. It seems like the customs inspectors at the border are really getting pecular. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead today and divide up the rest of the flies, but not seal the envelopes. If Fly Willy's set does arrive by Monday, I'll send the rest out and include Fly Willy's beadheads with the March set when I send them out. And I'll save out a set for Fly Willy from the February flies. Hope that works for everyone. I'll let you know on Monday just where we stand.

Take care

BB

OK, Guys, Fly Willy's flies still haven't arrived, so I sent out everyone else's flies today. I'll hold onto Fly Willy's set and get them to him later. Surely his flies will be here by the end of March & I'll send it out with the March set. You will all be getting two flies from Foambug this month since his January flies arrived the day after I mailed out everyone else's flies. Bet the same thing happens with Fly Willy's set. They will probably be in tomorrow's mail. This is a very nice set of beadheads and I know that you are all going to enjoy catching bluegills on all of them. (And other species of fish also!)

Take care

BB

I got a beautiful set of beadheads in the mail today (and a few nice floating flys too)! Thanks everyone, and thanks for hosting BB!

I got a great looking set of bead flies in the mail yesterday. Thanks! Hope to try em in a little while.