Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Polar Fiber Special

Kind of similar to a bendback!!! Is polar fiber similar to craft fur? Never worked with it

PF has nice movement in the water. A lot of well known tiers use this material for baitfish and shrimp imitations. Just google it and a bunch of great info comes up, I really like it

Nice fly Joe. I've caught a lot of albacore using Polar Fiber epoxy minnows. It's made to order for that kind of stuff. Ben, it's practically identical to craft fur, except longer. It could be a little softer too, though it could be my imagination. (like a lot of things LOL)

Nice fly Joe. I've caught a lot of albacore using Polar Fiber epoxy minnows. It's made to order for that kind of stuff. Ben, it's practically identical to craft fur, except longer. It could be a little softer too, though it could be my imagination. (like a lot of things LOL)

It seems like I have to cut off a whole lot of craft fur to get some "body".. does that make sense? Its extra select craft fur if that makes a difference. Generally craft fur makes me curse lol, but I do like it lol.