Fly Tying
JWM72

Top Water Flies

Here are a couple of old stand byes the last one got a 1/0 circle tied on a waddington shank. I just hope I don’t end up wearing as an earring when I cast it for the first time.

post-10208-0-92056800-1329606934_thumb.jpg post-10208-0-49727300-1329606983_thumb.jpg post-10208-0-44145200-1329607023_thumb.jpg

Remember on that last popper, you cant set the hook with a circle (I am sure you know this) - these will have great movement tho!

Nice ties with those poppers. I would just be careful with the circle hook, you dont wanna loose a nice fish. Make the same poppers with a regular J hook, and use the articulated leader system that you used. Those will work just fine. They have real nice movement.

I forgot about that with the circle hook. With that said it should work good with blue fish when they get aggressive. I threw it in the kitchen sink. I was surprised how well it moved. I can’t wait to get back on the water I’m putting the boat back in on march 17 the water temps in the river and bay are still relatively warm for this time of year hopefully the spring run will be early.

Trust me those poppers are going to catch you some nice fish. I love the movement on them, I use them for Striped Bass on longislands bay and creeks all spring summer long.