Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dry Flying

TROUT and BASS DEAD MOUSE

I use these at night for monster trout and all times of the day for bass. When wet they are exactly how a wet mouse looks.

The fur along with the foam head allows the angler to strip it in or drift it down any body of water.

Monster and I mean MONSTER trout take mice along river edges like no other. When the sun goes down, drift one of these along the river banks and see what happens.

DEADMOU6E-LIKE NO OTHER

post-39610-0-55811000-1329876170_thumb.jpg

post-39610-0-15520800-1329876179_thumb.jpg

I use these at night for monster trout and all times of the day for bass. When wet they are exactly how a wet mouse looks.

The fur along with the foam head allows the angler to strip it in or drift it down any body of water.

Monster and I mean MONSTER trout take mice along river edges like no other. When the sun goes down, drift one of these along the river banks and see what happens.

DEADMOU6E-LIKE NO OTHER

So when will we see a SBS.

Kevin

Oh, Ok...sorry I'm new to this

Step one is to tie in your zonker with about 2 inches dangling to form the mouse tail

Step two is to tie in some foam to allow your mouse to float

Step three is pinch the foam and push it back at the eye of the hook to create a mouse like, pointed head/nose

Step four is wrapping the zonker around the hook and foam to create the furry body

Tie it off

Although the zonker hair fibers are on the longer side, when wet, the hair falls perfectly creating the ideal mouse.

This is deadly for many species of fish. I use it on large/small mouth bass and also for monster trout.

-All the best

post-39610-0-72119400-1329962012_thumb.jpg

post-39610-0-44645900-1329962086_thumb.jpg

post-39610-0-32444900-1329962160_thumb.jpg

post-39610-0-46071600-1329962212_thumb.jpg

post-39610-0-69918500-1329962371_thumb.jpg

Great looking fly! I've seen a similar mouse pattern, it was called a Morrish Mouse, intended for Alaska fishing as I recall. I thought it would make a great bass fly, but have yet to tie any. Those do look like they would get eaten! :lol:

I would bet that wrapped zonker strip underbody would look great tied with a strip of that Nutria that Panama Red posted! :)