Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Third Annual Opening Day Swap

Cencalfly's flies just arrived, these are some good looking trout catchers. Will sort them out tonight and mail them back to you all tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for joining the swap and for such great flies. You will certainly have something for any opening day situation B)

Got mine today also I would of taken them fishing today but the rain kept me off the river I am hoping to get them wet tomorrow great ties by all and thanks for hosting another great swap Bob and by the way Bob and John thanks subway was great

Got mine. Fine looking set of flies. They're set aside for use this upcoming weekend. Saturday the 28th is looking good for the opener. Almost caught up at work and it looks like there may be some days off in the near future :D

Bob, thanks for hosting. Another excellent swap.

Did you make it to the expo?

Jim

Got mine. Fine looking set of flies. They're set aside for use this upcoming weekend. Saturday the 28th is looking good for the opener. Almost caught up at work and it looks like there may be some days off in the near future :D

Bob, thanks for hosting. Another excellent swap.

Did you make it to the expo?

Jim

Yes, watched a tyer named Bob from your neck of the woods. He tied some nice little caddis nymphs. Spent some time with Jay Fair as well. Didn't win the raffel, but had some good food and saw some old friends. Hope you can make it next year. Glad the flies got there, 6 days left until the opener. B)

Boy I wished I had gone. It looks to be finally lightening up at work so my recreational life may have a future. Priorities say that I'll need to tone it down myself if it doesn't lighten up.

I know of the tier you speak. He's been tying for a long time. I don't personally know the gentleman but seen his work in some of the local shops. Also have some mutual friends. From what I hear Ken Hanley was at the expo. Started tying to one of Ken's books many years ago. I need to contact him some day to get some surf fishing instruction. The coast is close enough and the thought of hitting Monterey or Santa Cruz for some fly fishing in the surf is something that appeals to me.

Fishmas is right around the corner. The wife and I are getting the camping gear ready and we're heading out Friday evening to a local(ish) campground along a mid elevation stream. Weather looks like it will be good. Might get a little rain on Wednesday and Thursday but clear on Saturday.

Jim