Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
firedad

Oregon Steelhead

Well this Thursday I'll be headed up to the Oregon coast to swing some flies with my switch rod. I lived in Oregon for ten years but only fly fished a few times up there. I will also be spending time on the Mckenzie and Willamette rivers. Hopefully my wife takes some good pics and maybe I'll get into some fish. If I get the chance when I get home I'll post some pics. Thursday seems so far away, I'm way too excited! :D

Unless you're dead set on swinging, bring some egg flies too. Good luck.

Well I didn't get as much time on the river as I would like to have had, but I got out there none the less. The flows on the Mckenzie were perfect. No fish, but was a nice time on the river and I got to practice with the new switch line from Rio I just bought. What I should have done is get a hold of some of my friends sooner to take me out in one of their drift boats, but I didn't have much time. I made the trip so I could visit with my dad. We did make it up to the Fly Tying Expo in Albany, OR which was pretty cool. I picked up a new piece of art, some furled leaders, and a rod building book.