Fly Tying

There is alot of good info on here. Its great to see and compare how everyone is prepared. I am going out later to try and get some gills and maybe a bass. We'll see how I do.

One other question; lanyards the kind that go around the neck with all the tools. Does anyone use one are they worth it or do they get in the way?

What do you use for a seine OldTrout? I am thinking of getting into some entomology just because I want to know what is really down there.

If you're getting into Entomology you could do a lot worse than perusing the BioQuip website.

Here's a couple of links.

Seine

http://www.bioquip.com/search/DispProduct.asp?pid=4224

and

Tray

http://www.bioquip.com/search/DispProduct.asp?pid=1426A

Thanks for the links oldtrout58.

As for things I take with me are forceps (one with a built in tippet cutter and jaws for clamping on split shot), tippet spools from 4lb to 12-15lb so I can make new leaders, 3 fly boxes (one for nymphs, one for streamers, and one for drys), floatant, split shot, and indicators/hoppicators along with a water proof camera. I sometimes will take some sinking tips of various weights for fishing the middle/bottom of the water column. Also some cigars and a lighter.

If I am going out for a day I will take food, water and a rain jacket depending on time of year.

Also take toilet paper because if you don't have any your day could be ruined.

If I am salmon fishing I will leave all my weights behind(not allowed to fish weighted flys or use weights when fishing for Atlantic salmon here, save problems if an officer wanted to be an a-hole just because I have some on me) and usually only take wets and a few common nymph patterns. If I am expecting possible trouble I will bring the regulation book.