Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ArkieFlyGuy

Hello from Arkansas!!

Hello all from the great fishing state of Arkansas!!

I've fished ever since I was big enough for my grandfather to help me bait my hook, but I've only been fly fishing for a couple of years. I just started tying back in April of this year and am HOOKED!!! (no pun intended)

I have the privilege of living in the state that bosts the worl record brown trout. I fish the Spring, Little Red, White, and North Fork rivers and am only an hour to two hours from each of them. I belong to the Northeast Arkansas Fly Fishers club www.neaff.com and get to fish with some really great guys who have taught me a lot!

If you've never been to the FFF Southern Conclave in Mountain Home, AR, you have to plan on going next year. Lots of fly fishing stuff, lots of tiers, and 2 1/2 days of fly fishing just minutes away from the North Fork and White!!

One day I hope to expand my horizons and fish other waters and high on the list is fishing the Arkansas River near Leadville, CO. My grandfather was there back in the 30s and came home to tell folks about stepping across the Arkansas River and they thought he was CRAZY!! (The Arkansas is about half a mile wide near my home town.)

Anyway, enough for now. Been busy duck hunting and deer hunting, but now I'm itchin' for a fly fishing trip.

TIGHT LINES!!!

Terry

Greetings from Tennessee! I have heard some stories of people hooking giant trout and unable to bring them to the boat. Welcome to the site. Great folks, lots of information, loads of fun. Wade right in and share some of your thoughts. Folks are most willing to share information. biggrin.gif