Fly Tying
Salmo22

Aviation Photography

Had the recent privilege of photographing a flight operations at NAF El Centro. This included the daily Blue Angels practice. Here are a few of my favorites.

6789624296_acbac38785_b.jpg

6898347381_ca32cd8804_b.jpg

6927832151_ba2810f580_b.jpg

Absolutely beautiful shots Jeff. My 17 yr old nephew is dead set on becoming an aircraft engineer and designing aircraft for the military. Anytime there is an airshow anywhere near us we always go. Been able to see the Blue Angles and the Thunderbirds many times together. I will have to fwd these pics to him as I know he will really enjoy them!

Steve

Hi Jeff,

Great pictures. I envy you for the opportunity to visit, observe and photograph. Take care & ...

I've been playing with a photo that I shot in El Centro as BA Opposing Solo #6 passed low and fast over our position. It was a rainy, overcast morning and presented me with post processing challenges that really tested my meager skills with CS5's sliders. I've been goofing with various treatments since then, including a monochrome shot with god beams - clearly a desperate act. I've never been totally satisfied with the final image; until now.

This afternoon I was massaging the pixels and finally achieved the look I've been after (It's taken me nearly two months).

The Pass

7030627937_bf95144367_b.jpg

Wow, fantastic shots! I'm dying to know what setup you were using? Lens & body etc...I'm guessing a Nikon because the colors are so vivid.

Dan

Wow, fantastic shots! I'm dying to know what setup you were using? Lens & body etc...I'm guessing a Nikon because the colors are so vivid.

Dan