Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
webylv

question about tcoflyfishing

Hello

I'm in US for couple of weeks. I would like to buy couple of fly rods before go back in europe.

Could you tell me if you had feedback on tcoflyfishing online shop.

I'm looking for a safe place to order a sage one & a ticr-x and some other stuff and tcoflyfishing have a good reward program (10%)

p.s sorry english is not my native language.

Do you maybe mean TFO? Temple Fork Outfitters?

TFO products are great. I do not currently own one of their fly rods but I have casted them and I do have one of their spinning rods and it is one of my favorite rods.

Where are you staying? Typically your best bet is to go to a local fly shop so that you can cast the specific rod you are interested in purchasing. If you are having a difficult time locating a fly shop in the area near you, I would recommend checking out the website for "Drake" magazine. They have a fairly extensive listing of fly shops around the country although it is not all inclusive. Where ever you go, I highly recommend calling the shop before you travel as in my recent travels, I have found that there are a handful of shops out there who still have active web sites even though the shop is closed. The economy has not been very forgiving lately as I am sure you will know and a lot of small businesses of all types have gone out of business.

If you want to order on line, www.feather-craft.com is a great dealer and they carry both Sage and TFO as well as a great selection of other items.

If you need tying materials or rod building materials, the site sponsor J.Stockard who is the site sponsor and whose link is usually at the top of the forum pages is an excellent source.

No he's talking about tcoflyfishing.com...they are a fly shop that is somewhere on the East coast (can't remember where) and they have a online business as well. I've heard of them but have never ordered from them so I can't speak of their service.

Steve

I do not know your current schedule or travel restraints, but I would find a local fly shop and go in and buy the stuff you want.

I do not know your current schedule or travel restraints, but I would find a local fly shop and go in and buy the stuff you want.

it's more a problem of $$ with the local taxes + online reward make a big difference compare to the local fly shop

And in Manhattan not a lot of choises for fly shops (orvis but i don't want orvis products and urbanangler don't sell tfo)

They are a pretty good sized shop located in Reading, PA about an hour from me. They have a few smaller shops scattered around. I haven't been in the main shop but have been in the State College store. Just bought a Simms chest pack/back pack combo from them at the Somerset Fly show in January.

I wouldnt have any problems buying from them online.

Markbob, if you're still working in PA you aren't far from their main store

I'm not in PA anymore but I did stop into two of their shops while I was up there. I wasn't terribly impressed by their in store selection but it was also the weekend of the fly fishing show so they had a lot of their stock out for that. Never did online business with them so I couldn't say.