Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For April

Sorry Guys. Things have been crazy, busy, hectic here lately. My wife's sister fell off a ladder & SERIOUSLY broke her arm. Wife has been staying with her and I've been trying to keep the home fires burning here, plus doing my job, taking care of adult children, etc. Anyway, we got a set of flies a couple of days ago from Fishermanms. GREAT looking poppers. These things are going to be SO fun to throw at the 'gills this year. Hopefully things will slow down enough soon that I can get a chance to fish a little. Dreamcaster, I'll let you know when yours arrive. Thanks guys.

Take care

BB

Three more sets of flies have arrived and they are all going to be great 'gill catchers! We have just received sets from Fly Willy, Rural & Dreamcaster. And there are a couple more sets in the mail. Thanks, guys, for the extras!

Take care

BB

We have had 2 more sets of flies arrive. One set from Frequent Tyer and the other from David McVey. Both great sets of flies. Thanks, guys for the extras!

By my accounting, that leaves us needing just 3 more sets of flies not counting mine. I'll try to let you guys know when they arrive.

I have updated the original post to show which flies I have already. Please check and let me know if anything there is not correct.

Take care

BB

fyi - i will never send a pattern that doesn't catch fish; that is my motto. i have been testing this fly the past couple weekends and it is AWESOME! Especially in the stillwater sections of creeks about 20-25 foot wide with slightly cloudy water. cast this bad boy upstream in the middle water and then slow retrieve bought 3" strips. the flash draws them in from both banks...

and sorry if yall were expecting a topwater...

We received a set of flies from RRSS yesterday. These are some AWESOME flies! Can't wait to fish them, Riff. And thanks for ALL the extras. :rolleyes: .

Take care

BB

The last set of flies arrived on Wednesday and I pushed hard to get them in the mail on Thursday. They went into the mail at about Noon, and I left shortly thereafter to go to a town about 2 1/2 hours away where our Daughter-In-Law was to go into the hospital to give birth to our 5th Grandchild. Caroline Rose was born at about 3:00 AM on Friday morning.

I didn't get a chance to post that they were in the mail until now, and so you guys should start getting them the first of the week, if not already.. Thanks, everyone, for all the extras! Someone also sent me money to make up for postage for March and I appreciate that, also. Fly Willy, yours are coming back to you in the metal box you sent me a few months ago, because there was no way I was going to get two sets in the small plastic box. Famill00, your box was pretty tight also. I hope the flies are OK. And also, the Post Office lady was concerned that the box might tear through the envelope you sent, and so I hope they get there OK. The others have, so hopefully, these will also.

Guys, please remember to send your flies in a crush proof box and also please provide an envelope with your return address on it that I can use to mail your flies back to you. A padded mailing envelope with an Altoids box inside only costs $1.95 for postage for anywhere in the continential US. Also, please remember to provide sufficient postage for me to get your flies back to you. I take the time to verify at the Post Office that every envelope has sufficient postage in order to make sure that they don't get returned, or whatever, because of insufficeint postage. It only takes a few minutes and so it would not take you but a few minutes to make sure that the envelope has enough postage. Also, please remember to use STAMPS and not mailing labels on the return envelope. The mailing label has a DATE on it, and supposedly it is good for only the day that you purchase it, ie, the day of the date stamped on the mailing label. So far, I've always been able to talk the Post Office people into letting it slide, but sooner or later, I'm going to come across someone having a bad day and I'm going to have to pay the postage, even though you have already paid it to purchase the mailing label. And with the Postal Service talking about how much in debt they are, I wouldn't be surprised at a "crack down" at any time.

Having said all that, this was a great set of flies. I know you are all going to enjoy fishing with them. It was also interesting that we got 2 sets of orange Bully's Bluegill Spiders and so it was neat to see the difference in how they were tied. They are both great sets of flies, but you will see the differences when you get them.

I'm already looking forward to seeing the May set of flies! Good work, everyone!

Take care

BB

Got mine in the mail today. Not sure when they came as I was out of town since Thursday. I have been mailing those little boxes around in the mail in the standard envelopes now for going on a year and a half. I usually just secure the seal with a piece of tape. I have only had one of those boxes get broken but the flies were OK. The dang postal people are always worried about something or other. The other day I went there and didn't have cash. So, I pulled out the plastic. On my credit card I have written "see ID" in hopes that the clerks always ask to see my ID instead of just swiping the card. Roughly 1 in 10 of them actually look at it before swiping. I do this as a safety measure. The lady at the post office which apparently hates her job/life would not accept my credit card because I had not "signed" the back of it. I asked for a pencil. Signed it in pencil then licked my finger and wiped it off after she swiped my card and handed me my receipt. She then proceeded to tell me that the transaction was not good anymore. I walked out because I figured she was too lazy to dig all my packages out of the bin and cancel my credit card transaction. I have ran into the same thing that you said about the printed postage. That also depends on the persons mood behind the counter. When they try to lecture me about something, which is basically every time I walk in the door there, I remind them of how many millions of dollars they are in debt and that they should appreciate the business. That usually quiets them down.

-Forrest