Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Put on your sunglasses!

This one is a Rainshadow 704-2. Obviously the blank is not the factory color. A customer wanted a pink rod for his wife and he wanted a good quality blank so I took a Rainshadow blank, knocked the shine off it with some scotchbrite, applied 3 coats of fusion Berry Pink and then 1 coat of crystal clear and let it cure for a few days before wrapping. It now has a nice durable pink finish to it.

Reel seat insert is "Bikini" color acrylic (Thanks Ron) set in Nickle Silver hardware (BUL5). Grip is all exotic corks with burnt cork ends, brown burl, and dark mic with a burnt ring between the dark mix. Then framed with pink craft foam. Wraps are hot pink (CP'ed) with metallic gold trim. Also a base of hot pink wraps under the inscriptions.

Hopefully this will make a happy birthday for it's new female owner next month.

Steve

pink1t.jpg

pink2m.jpg

pink3xv.jpg

pink4y.jpg

pink5k.jpg

pink6e.jpg

Wow, that's pretty wild!! I've got a granddaughter who'd like one of those. I may be putting in my order in a couple of years!!! :)

my girlfriend loves to fly fish she would def love this. very impressive. I'm just curious how many hours of work do u have in a project like that, if u don't mind me asking?