Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytyer166

michigan fly fishing

I know the betsie is well known for salmon and steelhead, but has anybody ever had success for the browns and brookies that are supposed to be in this river? i kjust blew a whole weekend at this river just below the hodenpile dam, and the bwo's and few caddisflies were hatching, but nothing was rising and i fished every kind of fly. im stumped right now because ive been told that the betsie has some decent trout fishing. any words of advice or knowledge of places would help me a ton. thanks

I think you mean Homestead dam, hodenpile dam is on the Manistee. Never fished the Betsie myself. I enjoy the Au Sable and have fished a number of rivers on the West side as well such as the PM, Big man and little man, but have not fished the betsie.

Steve

I think you mean Homestead dam, hodenpile dam is on the Manistee. Never fished the Betsie myself. I enjoy the Au Sable and have fished a number of rivers on the West side as well such as the PM, Big man and little man, but have not fished the betsie.

Steve

yeah sorry about that, i did mean the homestead dam.