Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
lohi

Black n´orange Squidro

Hi all! Im a newbie here at FTF. Im a scandi guy from Sweden so tube flies in templedog style is my cup of tea but

I have started to tie and fish more and more with steelhead flies. Im here to watch and learn so please, criticise my flies:)

Regards Peter

BOsquidro.jpg

Really nice fly(s) Peter! Welcome to the forum! I think the steelhead may find this a tasty snack, never fished or tied a squidro but it looks the goods, works well with the rubber legs?

Really nice fly(s) Peter! Welcome to the forum! I think the steelhead may find this a tasty snack, never fished or tied a squidro but it looks the goods, works well with the rubber legs?

Thanks :D If squidros works or not? let me get back to you in a month or so because were I live the ice stops

me evaluating the flies :lol:

But rubberlegs in general works well on both trout and salmon flies. I usually use them on my flies like in this pic:

whitenorangerubber.jpg

Regards Peter

Thanks :D If squidros works or not? let me get back to you in a month or so because were I live the ice stops

me evaluating the flies :lol:

But rubberlegs in general works well on both trout and salmon flies. I usually use them on my flies like in this pic:

Regards Peter

Hah i know what you mean about the ice perhaps it is not as bad here right now, ice off was a while back and loads of fallback fish going on, they are hungry and you have given me some ideas...Keep em' coming! Very Nice, and let us know what you catch B)

Those are some great lookin squidros. I like tying squidro flies for Oregon steelhead and Northern Sierra trout(mostly big browns on the Truckee River). The trout versions are mostly olive or a craw pattern in orange. They work great for me, hope they work well for you too.

Have never caught a steelhead or even a salmon (yet), but I think those would translate to great Large Mouth Bass and Pike flies....Very nicely done!

Murray

Appreciate your comments:) I think they will do the job. We dont have steelheads in Sweden but seatrout and salmon

will hopefully be triggered by the rubberlegs aswell

Peter