Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sgflyfish

semi realistic spiders(non fishable)

Hi all,

My newbie tie of spiders inspired by a good friend of mine, the spider on the bottom right was given to me, and I sort of copy cat and tied the other 2 (top right & bottom left)), please pardon the sloppy tie and not so good photo, hope to learn some tips from the gurus here....thanks !

post-43274-0-44038700-1335639934_thumb.jpg

A very good first attempt at a spider.................I wish my first was as good in color and proportion as your tying

Mike

Thanks for the encouraging comment Mike....

Cheers,

RC

Very good job. I like so much!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Thank you sir, glad you like it, will aim to tie to your high standard of realistic fly :)

Cheers,

RC

Very very nice spider, the legs are fantastic, congratulations

Regards

Joaquín

Thank you sir, glad you like it !

I really like your damselfly, the wings are fantastic...and will want to try your SBS on the caterpillar as well....

Cheers mate !

I agree with the others. Very nice finished work. Wouldn't have guessed you were new to this.

I agree with the others. Very nice finished work. Wouldn't have guessed you were new to this.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words DougB !

Cheers,

RC

Thank you sir, have a lot more to learn from the gurus here....have been busy tying fishable flies....a little lack of practice now :P

Cheers mate !

That is some SLOPPY tying. Please send those to me immediately for their appropriate disposal and so you don't have to look at them anymore while repeating mistakes.

XD Just kidding :) Great looking spiders...Practice makes perfect. They look great to me but if you think there is room for improvement, go for it!

That is some SLOPPY tying. Please send those to me immediately for their appropriate disposal and so you don't have to look at them anymore while repeating mistakes.

XD Just kidding :) Great looking spiders...Practice makes perfect. They look great to me but if you think there is room for improvement, go for it!

Thanks for the encouragement sir !