Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gmandave

Hi from southwest Michigan

Hi guys! I didn't realize there was a hello forum and just posted in beginners. My name's Dave. I just started tying this week and I'm having a blast, though I'm sure I'm not doing things quite right. I just wanted to drop in, say hi, and attach a couple of photos of the flies I've done in the last couple of days. I'm halfway through the book that came with the Waspi kit, and midway gave a mini woolly a shot.

I'm in southwest Michigan, but I'm originally from the hill country of Texas, near Marble falls. Never caught or seen a trout up close. I've mainly caught bluegill out of creeks, and one or two bass. Anyway, glad to meet everyone. :)

-Dave

542952_456717441009496_100000137330441_97293992_1007260966_n.jpg7e77cbb496f111e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg96b1f802971511e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg535876_456464607701446_100000137330441_97292867_1361886857_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum and the world of flytying from another southwest michigan member. Just know that fly tying is very addicting. The flies look arlight to me but I am still learning myself. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask, there are alot of helpful people on this site. Have fun and enjoy.

RJ

"fatkid71"

Welcome to the forum and the world of flytying from another southwest michigan member. Just know that fly tying is very addicting. The flies look arlight to me but I am still learning myself. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask, there are alot of helpful people on this site. Have fun and enjoy.

RJ

"fatkid71"

Thanks,RJ! I haven't gotten a chance to fish these yet. Hope they cat something other than a tree. ;) And Hi there Riffleriver!

Welcome aboard Dave and good luck with the tying. This is a great place to learn the ropes, and remember, there are no dumb questions. (unless of course, you forget your name and have to ask around)

Welcome, I am new here myself but I have been tying for about 20 years and flyfishing for about 50 years. Those flies of yours look good and I am sure they will catch fish. Don't worry too much about how they look because for some funny reason the fish seem to like the ugliest ones best. Keep tying and putting them in front of fish.