Fly Tying
Ebrant10

Trout Nymph Swap?

Er, the last two posts from imx and bigdewy show "Posted image" but no image is visible to me. Anyone else see them?

Or did they already get whacked by the Rainbows???

Jimboha!

Those Sierra Bows can be aggressive, but I'd suspect your problem lies elsewhere! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can see them now, but my last response got lost. Either I'm losing it or I have to finally reboot his computer...

Those flies all look mighty fine! Can't wait to try them out.

Jimboha!

i tried to put a pic on but couldnt get it to work. do i have to upload the pic to another site before i can add it?

You should be able to just upload it, hard to tell

These Green Caddis Nymphs are headed to the Post Office in the morning B)

Congrats Bob you beat the SM haa, these are awesome looking! Thanks for the extras also they are much appreciated!

One dozen Frenchman's Damselfly Nymphs are tagged, bagged and heading out from the Biggest Little City tomorrow! :rolleyes:

When the damsels are migrating at Frenchman Reservoir, the rainbows really smack these nymphs!!

Frenchman's Damselfly

IMG_2161.jpg

Frenchman's Rainbows Luv Green Damsels

HPIM3132.jpg

Evan, Thanks for hosting this swap!!

Bigdewy,

Your frenchmans damsels came today, they are sweet! And thanks so much for the all the materials and hooks. They are greatley appreciated! One question thou the straight eye hooks, are they size 11?

Evan,

Just for the record, my scuds are done yesterday but are waiting for a box of materials that will also be coming your way. ;)

Also, we're getting quite a variety of nymphs in this swap. Do you think we could ask each submitter to give a brief description of how they fish them? I still do most of my fly fishing on flat water - I could use some tips on fishing these nymphs in rivers.

Jimboha!

Evan,

Just for the record, my scuds are done yesterday but are waiting for a box of materials that will also be coming your way. ;)

Also, we're getting quite a variety of nymphs in this swap. Do you think we could ask each submitter to give a brief description of how they fish them? I still do most of my fly fishing on flat water - I could use some tips on fishing these nymphs in rivers.

Jimboha!

Awesome jim, looking forward to seeing them. And the box! As im sure you are to, the box is heading to fishingbobnelson after me.

As far as my nymphs go, i use an indicator mostly fishing it across the stream through a hole mending the line when needed. But sometimes ill swing this one as a wet fly also. Works effectively both ways.

Evan

Finally made a decision I'm going to go with a wired version of the 20 incher in a size 10. It's pretty much looks like a big version of the copper john, but it is one of my favorite point fly's. It's heavy and catches lots of fish for me.

in the mail this morning Evan I tied the extras like I asked hope you guys like them thanks for hosting

Awesome Riff, looking forward to seeing them!