Fly Tying
fishabuoy

Senko Substitute

Guest rich mc

very close. a few suggestions. i only taper the tail about 3/4 to an inch. and when wrapping backward on the tail count the wraps and return using the same number. having different amounts will lead to unraveling. rich mc

:) love the vice man if its the same one i have that vice is one tough cookie. but on another note thank you for the sbs man simple and straight forward well done :) i will be tying some of these within the week... what size hook/style/model do you use for those?

That's pretty cool fly! If it works anything like a senko it's gonna be good!

Skip

This is one i made years ago and never really gave them a true workout.

th_IMG_20120330_162314.jpg

very close. a few suggestions. i only taper the tail about 3/4 to an inch. and when wrapping backward on the tail count the wraps and return using the same number. having different amounts will lead to unraveling. rich mc

Thanks for the advise

:) love the vice man if its the same one i have that vice is one tough cookie. but on another note thank you for the sbs man simple and straight forward well done :) i will be tying some of these within the week... what size hook/style/model do you use for those?

The hook is a TMC 8089 size 2. Hope to use them this weekend. Going to hit the shenandoah, hope the storms stay away.

kmw-

Good luck and tight lines on the Shenandoah. My wife & I took a vacation to the Valley in the Fall of 2010. Visited a lot of the Civil War sites. Took our fly rods and fished both forks of the Shenandoah based upon the advice of Harry Murray. Had a blast. Beautiful country with a lot to do.

Bill