Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For June

The pattern for June is anything that 'gills will hit and that uses Peacock Herl as one of the materials. That makes it a pretty open field. So get out your Peacock Herl and get busy tying.

FYI, Fly Willy has dropped out and IMX has joined us. Hopefully, he'll stop by here and say "Hello." WELCOME ABOARD, IMX!

Take care

BB

1. Breambuster - SM - Cockaroo

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Crazy Charlie Variant - Received

3. Famil00 - Received - All sets in for the rest of the year.

4. Rural

5. IMX - Received

6. Eastern Fly

7. David McVey - House Fly

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Received June & July

9. Andydoc -

10. FrequentTyer - CBZB - Received

11. Fshrmanms - Received

12 Crackleback- Received

thanks for letting me join in..i hope my flies will be up to par.

so do i make this swap every month or is it just for june?

IMX, my intention was that you will be in for the rest of the year. I hope that's OK with you. If not, let me know, but we would LOVE to have you in as a regular member of the Swap Club.

Take care

BB

the full yr sounds fine with me..at what time of the month do you prefer to have the flies?

Great, IMX Glad you can join us for the rest of the year. The due date is the last day of each month. So any time before that is great.

BB

Hey Guys, Just wanted to let you know that we have had another member to drop out today, June 11. Foambug has been in touch a couple of times today. His first PM said that he would try to get both the May & June sets in the mail by the end of the week. But his second PM said something about serving as a pallbearer, so there has been either a death in his family or a close friend & this is going to keep him away from the vice for awhile so he has asked to drop out. So we have another vacancy to fill. That also means that I have the set of flies for May that would have been his. I'll try to get them back to each of you next month.

In the meantime, if you know of someone who might be interested in the Bluegill Swap Club, how about letting them know that we have another opening.

Thanks

BB

Hey, Guys, Crackleback is going to be joining us. He will be taking the spot vacated by Foambug. I've swapped with Crackleback before and he's a great tyer and a great swapper. He will do us all proud. WELCOME ABOARD, CRACKLEBACK!

Take care

BB

Got you down, Riff. BTW, the extras you sent last month are much appreciated. I like the Dragon Fly or Damsel Fly, whatever, we call them "Snake Doctors" down here. Supposedly, when you see a "Snake Doctor" a real SNAKE is somewhere nearby. And that isn't a bad guess, really, given all the water snakes, water mocossins, cotton mouths, etc, we have down this way. Anyway, was the pattern you sent the new one you have just learned from Fred?

Take care

BB

do you need another set tied for the shortage in the month of may? if you do let me know what the criteria was and i can get a dozen shipped with the batch for june

That's really up to you, IMX. I had 2 people to quit w/o sending in flies for May. The first was BEFORE I mailed everyone else their flies back and so I sent everyone one of theirs back. But I DO have another set that I saved back for Foambug. If you would like to send in a second set, I can send YOU the set that I was saving back. The theme for May was a Terrestrial pattern. Anything that is hopper, ant, cricket, worm, beetle, etc, related. Anything that doesn't live in the water but inadvertantly winds up there. I was planning on sending everyone their own fly back out of the set I was saving, but I'm sure everyone would rather have something different instead of getting their own pattern back. Let me know what you decide to do.

Take care

BB