Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Getting back in shape

Congrats and well done! I quit smoking, that seemed easy to me. Now I am only about 40 over where I should be, but the guy in the mirror looks bad to me. I have been trying to trim down, but it's much harder than quitting smoking was. I tried to quit eating the way I quit smoking, but when I couldn't stand up because of weakness, I knew that method (hunger strike on myself) wouldn't work.

My biggest problem, I tell myself, is the travelling. I can't always eat right when I am on the road, but I am trying. Shhhh ... don't tell the guy in the mirror that I am trying to eat better.

Again, Steve ... congrats and keep it going !!!

Looking Gooooood!!!!! :lol: way to go bro I am almost caught up to you down 100 lbs since june 5th

Thats awesome brother...where are you with the post surgary lost??

Steve

wtg Steve, not as easy as some may think. I know exactly what you are going through, I myself have went from 366 pounds to 194 pounds. Feeling great and healthy to boot.

post-3271-0-57365200-1348272373_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-07305200-1348272418_thumb.jpg

I just weighed myself about 20 mins ago after all the running/walking & only 710 calories today....Right now....259lbs!

That's 138lbs lost...and I have not been in the "250's" in probably 20 years now!

It feels so great!seeing "250's" is a HUGE milestone for me kicking.gif

Steve

You do know fall is here and winter is coming, right? Windiest times of the year, right? You lose too much, and you'll need anchors to keep from blowing away !!!

Okay, maybe you've got a little way to go before you get THAT light ... but wonderful work and keep on losing!!!

This is great. Really inspirational. I my self Must lose another 40 lbs or so... I walk the dog every day. We both get excercise. She is not overweight. Pretty soon we will get snowed in. Than morning walks will be frosty and short.

Heres hoping We don't fall off the band wagon during holidays. That is what always gets me.post-28940-0-88941900-1349524782_thumb.jpg