Fly Tying
djgunter

Adult Stonefly Swap

I ... have chosen a Golden Stimulator in #6 or maybe #8.

Hmm, I have #6 hooks and #10, but no #8. (How can one have a shortage of 200R hooks??? It's unthinkable.) My usual source for good prices has dried up. :(

The #6 looks a little beefy (over 1"), while the #10 is still a good size (about 1"). So, I shall #10 size.

Jimboha!

Some clarification.

This is shaping up to be most of the usual suspects, or unusual. In reading the posts, the only thing "Adult" about this swap is the stoneflies. Hosts can be bribed. I signed up for the Adult sculpin swap and wondered where everyone was?

Horseshoes you're from Nova Scotia!? I did 4 years of university there a couple years back. I miss it dearly. I mainly fished the Margaree for Salmon.....my favorite river on earth :lol:

Then you should know that I could win the lottery before I could guess which university you went to. LOL. I hope you got a great education besides the one in the pubs here. LOL.

We always welcome back anyone who wasn't run out of town. You weren't were you? It is nice to know you are able to understand a bit about our neck of the woods. I hope you were treated well. If you weren't then it would explain why you left.

Horseshoes you're from Nova Scotia!? I did 4 years of university there a couple years back. I miss it dearly. I mainly fished the Margaree for Salmon.....my favorite river on earth :lol:

It's like my second home now...still have many good friends that I made living there. I definitely plan a visit sometime soon!

Here's where I'm at as of last night. I pretty much attempted a semi-realistic stonefly....and semi failed at doing it. The legs are not bending into shape as I had hoped for and this would be one massive stonefly. I think I might need to change the pattern to something more viable and scrap this one.